Saturday 6 August 2011

another milestone



As this is my hundredth post I have decided to make it a worthwhile one.


Save our forests and you're saving more then just trees.

Actually let me rephrase that, seeing as everything I have to say is worthy, important, enlightening kind of interesting and will possibly change your life for the better.

This post is for a worthy cause, and it's gonna help to change the world. Well ok, that's an exaggeration but it is going to do something. And that is better then doing nothing.
And you lot get to look at pictures of cute animals.

Dear Readers,
My blob is going Carbon Neutral.
Yes, you heard that right.
Once I have submitted this post to the relevant site a tree will be planted in it's honour thereby making me a saint giving me big fat brownie points towards my carbon footprint on the planet.

Without trees there are no tree stumps and this cute panda 
would have nowhere to sleep.
Without sleep he might be in a bad mood and an angry 
panda is not so cute.
Plus he's going to be hungry - given the bamboo situation.
Won't be the trees in danger will it ?

Makes sense to me.
Another way to give something back and who knows maybe even help these.


Our closest relatives.
Not helping them is like letting your gran become homeless, and you can't put a gorilla in an old folks home. They need forests.
And I doubt they know how to play bingo.


What would happen to tree frogs if there were no trees ?
That's the worse case of red-eye I've ever seen, he's obviously been crying because his home is being destroyed.
Either that or he's been smoking some serious bud.


If the ice-caps melt where will polar bears live ?
I'd give him a home but the cats won't like it, and I think he'd be too hot - I like to have the heating on high in the winter.
And I believe they like water , my bath isn't that big.
Although he'd look like a fabulous rug if he slept on the lounge floor.


Without a forest where will they hunt ?
You wouldn't want to be responsible for these cute tiger cubs going without their dinner would you ?
One day they'll be big hungry tigers and they might not forget.

If you want to do your bit too, and make your blog environmentally sound then click here for the instructions.
All you have to do is write a post about it, which means you too can post some pictures of cute baby animals and everyone loves them.


This parrot will swear at you if you don't.
And I've taught him all the foul language I know.


Go on, you know you want to.
The cute baby animals will cry if you don't.

And you get to display a rather fabulous button on your blog so everyone knows what a caring selfless individual you are.


Here's a thought - trees are used to make paper and cardboard. If there are no more trees then where would homeless people live ?

Five star accommodation when you have no house.

And what are you going to wipe your arse with . . . . .




Best get planting.


Actually the tree planting programme is replacing trees destroyed by fire in the the Plumas National Forest in California at the moment, take a look the website if you like, it explains how it works. They have plans to continue the scheme elsewhere when the replanting there is finished.
I think it's a great idea.
If you do too then go and join. You also get your name and a link to your blog posted on the site :)




25 comments:

  1. oh the riches they promise to give ...

    i liked this dirty :) i'm pretty green for the most part ... always striving to be better xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't get it. What's the catch? They must need funds of some kind...there is always a money 'ask' so when do they hit you with that?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Cowgirl - love this post!!! I look forward to visiting the site.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Idea! I'm going to check it out now. I think I know that tree frog from high school...serious bud, that's funny.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Sky, as far as I know there isn't, I found out about it from another blogger. I think it's about raising awareness for the scheme.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like this (:

    ReplyDelete
  7. Outstanding!
    But, I am hesitant to ask what the "toilet paperless" chap used. It looks brown. Ohhhhhhhhh......ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I suppose they mean well, but I don't think you can have a carbon neutral blog. A carbon-neutral computer is possible, if the electricity used to power it is from renewable sources, but a carbon-neutral blog is meaningless. Good way of getting publicity for their cause though!

    ReplyDelete
  9. @GB. If you go to this page of their site it tells you how they work it out, http://www.kaufda.de/umwelt/carbon-neutral/1-tree-1-blog-how-it-works/
    But essentially it's based upon energy used for views on a website with approx 15000 hits per month. I've not even had that in total so far.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on the 100th post!! Nice post to bring up the century.

    ReplyDelete
  11. If I could link a "wild applause" I would have. But I am such a dork with links.
    Congratulations on your 100th post and it is a brilliant tribute post for a most deserving cause.
    More power my dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi,dirtycowgirl
    Its me hsb kondotty frm Help Forum :)
    I would like to say that you got such a wonderful Blog.
    Really Good post!I Like it.!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Funny, I found you on the Help Forum too! I love your writing style and am not surprised you've hit your 100th post! As a poop connoisseur (hell, I live in a trailer and visit state parks, what do you expect?), your last pic "need toilet paper" cracked me up and grossed me out at the same time. Nice! Well, I'm your newest follower, and I'd love to be blog buds...come visit mine some time!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The panda is proud of you for this, whereas the frog is just baked out of his little gord. Well done, you managed to get your point across while still being funny. Congrats on 100. I CAN HAS ATTENTION NOW?!?!
    +followed

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats on the 100th post - I look forward to reading your next 100! Thanks also for the message and the links. I'm right there with you in supporting 'green' causes (my son calls me the "environmental-hippie") - even though I don't look like a hippie, I'm always on my soapbox preaching about recycling (etc). :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats on the big 1-0-0! nice post tho, cute animals. I might check out that site myself.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats on turning 100! I'd take the polar bear, but my penguins would be pissed.

    ReplyDelete
  18. 100! WooHo! And I did enjoy the cute and furry animals.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Let me know when you hit your thousandth post and I'll come over and give you a bottle of champagne.

    In the meantime, here's the comment you wanted and hello.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks people.

    All your comments are always appreciated :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Dirtycowgirl....

    Congratulations on your 100th post! I have enjoyed reading your blog so am really pleased you have made it to the century. And what a worthwhile way to celebrate - I will be sure to check out the link and do a post of my own at some point.

    Here's to your next 100 posts *raises glass*.

    Oh and how JEALOUS am I of all your followers and comments! You are obviously doing something right. Keep it up.

    Mr Musing

    ReplyDelete
  22. Congrats on your 100th post. I just found your blog and I absolutely love it, so I just wanted to tell you that :D

    ReplyDelete
  23. NIce, DCG!!! It's perfect to watch the fireworks while I read this post. 100? You AND the stoner frogs must be psyched!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me something I don't know.
Comments are moderated so spam me and you're going in the bin.