Tuesday 14 June 2011

rearranging the furniture

Hey guys, I’ve made a few tweaks to my blog.

My recommended reading page never got a lot of views so I’ve taken it off and added it as a blog roll instead. (That expression always makes me LOL, sounds like bog roll - UK slang for toilet paper).
My intention is to set it to feature five blogs at a time but rotate which ones, you should definitely all take a look at the fabulous folk on there at the moment.

I’d like to ask a favour of you, I have a few friends who have said they are going to start a blog and asked me for advice - hence I’ve added a page of what I think are helpful hints.

I wondered if you would take a look at it and if you can think of anything else that would be useful add it to the comments.

Thanks, DCG J

I spent the weekend before last rearranging the furniture in the lounge as I bought a wall mounting kit for my television. Yup, I have power tools and I'm gonna use them.

However the walls in this house are old, and the drill bit kind of slips - but I got twelve large holes successfully bored and twelve raw plugs and bolts then attached to the bracket and mounted the TV. Once it was up I cleared up the mess then went to sit down and enjoy my handiwork.

Then I spotted my mistake.
The (now bolted to the bracket) TV is not quite straight. I have measured it - it's out by 6mm, three friends have been round and said they can't notice it at all.

But me ? I keep finding myself doing this. . . . .



My neck is starting to ache.

And yeah, before all the men chip in with the sarky comments I did use a spirit level. But the walls aren't straight.

7 comments:

  1. HAHA. Very funny. Unfortunately in real life I am a OCD freak, and I would have hung the TV again. I am tearing up the poop patio because it doesn't look right. I'm sick, I say, sick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like you need the Papi dyi method lmao!

    you should see our curtains ... yikes holy crooked

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my. That is funny. You can't adjust without screwing new holes? like the bit on the tv. I blame the kit then.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would be doing the same thing.

    Though I find that you mounted it yourself impressive. I am not allowed to operate power tools.

    xo - m

    ReplyDelete
  5. Most blogs don't moderate comments. I reckon you should only do it if you know there are people out there who'd like to make trouble for you (I don't doubt that's true in your case!). You can still delete comments without moderating them. And you can also moderate comments on posts older than a week to avoid spam.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that pic. Who says women can't do DIY? I fix everything in my house...which is possibly the reason why nothing works.

    By the way, Thank-you for the mention. :0)

    ReplyDelete

Tell me something I don't know.
Comments are moderated so spam me and you're going in the bin.