Sunday 20 May 2012

sunday stealing


Hello Strangers !

I've been a bit absent from the blogging world for the last couple of weeks. Real life stuff getting in the way as it does.

And having nothing to complain about.

Actually I've had a bit of a "count my blessings" time, sad things happening for other people that make me realise how full my glass really is. The result of that being that I have two funerals to attend this week.
Anyway I'm not here looking for sympathy, but it's going to be a strange week.
Shit happens.

I actually just counted and I have eleven posts that I started and never finished, after my idea to not publish immediately in case I wanted to add to them later. So at some point you might get to read about : my first love : the night I was possessed by my dead mother : being a parent to a mixed race child : humour versus racism : ANOTHER letter to Dave : a mans guide to Internet dating sites : an idea I had about the Olympics, and a few others.
No wonder I got distracted and confused.


However to get myself back in the habit I am going to join in with something called Sunday Stealing that I saw over on Magical Mimis blog. I only recently started following her, but she takes part in quite a few of these sharing posts, and I like the idea behind this one.

So here we go. I'll put the link at the bottom if any of you lot want to join in too.


1. Have you ever peed your pants as an adult? 
No, not really, but maybe from laughing too much. But when Son was 12 we went to Jamaica and as a result of sunstroke and drinking a pint of fresh orange juice in one go I did manage to poo my pants. We were there for a month, Son met family and we went to all the tourist spots and also some out of the way places, we met amazing people and had wonderful experiences. We get home and a few days later bumped into a friend of mine in the shop. She asked Son if he'd had a good time...
"Yup. . my Mum shit herself".




2. Who do you have a celebrity crush on now? 
Vin Diesel. But it's not a crush it's real love. And he will agree once I have hunted him down and stalked him into submission met him.


3. Would you date someone you met online? 
Have done. A few times. It's not something I'd recommend. This POST was about the most recent. Click the "dating" label if you want to read about more total disasters dates.




4. Do you wear underwear always? 
No, I take them off when I get in the bath. However I have to keep my bra on otherwise it's like walking around with two half deflated airbags up my jumper.


5. Do you hate yourself at times?
Never. But I do despair about myself for my habit of calamity following me around.


7. Do you like dirty movies? 
Hellyeah.




8. Could you believe Josha Ledet was voted off Idol? 
Who ? I'm English, have no idea who he is. But if he was voted off he can't of been that good.


9. When was the last time that you bought a car?
Never. I don't drive. In the interest of public safety.


10. Have you ever been camping? 
Many times. I'm a hippy at heart, I spent a lot of my youth going to illegal festivals and raves. Of course in those days I just had a little tent and all I took was a toothbrush. Nowadays I have a tent with a living room and a bedroom and I take my airbed, quilt, cushions, deck chair, cooking stove and sometimes even a hot water bottle.
I'd take my washing machine and fridge if I could but on account of question 9 I have to get a lift with someone else and I don't think they'd appreciate it.
Plus I don't know where I'd plumb it in in the middle of a field.


11. How many times a day do you go on facebook?
I loathe facebook. I actually deleted it for a while, and when I reactivated it I defriended a lot of the idiots who post about utter crap. I say I keep it because there are a few people on there who I would otherwise not hear from, but then I think if the only way I hear from them is facebook then they obviously don't matter that much.
Still it's good for gossip and seeing how fat and boring people have gotten finding our what people are up to.



12. What was the last movie you saw in a theater? 
Super 8. Great film. Right now I am just about doing a question one (again) waiting for Prometheus.


13. Have you ever worried that you'd cut off a limb?
I did once manage to slice the top of my thumb off while slicing a lemon. There have been times when I've been tempted to remove an appendage from a man. But none of them have been big enough to be called a limb. 


14. Where did you get your last email from? 
A friend I met on blogger, he lives in Canada. I love how some people have become what is the modern equivalent of pen pals, as a child I had a few pen friends around the world and I loved writing letters.


15. Favorite website? 
If I put them all here I'd probably crash blogger. Impossible to pick a favourite, but THIS is one that never fails to make me answer yes to question one.


16. Are you down with ghetto? 
Am I what ?




17. Will the world end in fire or ice?
If I knew the answer to that then I would be the almighty being.
Wait . . .  Ummm . . . It'll end when I say so.


18. Do you believe in the afterlife? 
Yup. I'm not religious, don't believe in god, but I have had enough experiences to know without question that death is not the end. I actually think it might be the beginning.




19. Would you be upset if facebook stopped working?
No. As long as I had time to save some of the photos that I have on there.
And it will be very interesting to watch all the addicts running around like headless chickens.
Best joke of the week :
Why did facebook go public ?
Because even they couldn't work out the new privacy settings.


20. How did you start your blog? 
Long story. When I started it I had just had the worst two years of my life, and I read someone elses that was pretty much the story of their life. I figured that writing about all the crap that had gone on with me would be cathartic, but it never happened. The second post I wrote was about Internet Dating, and it just went from there. Now - as I am completely over all the bad shit - I think that this often sarcastic, sometimes funny, occasionally rude, always honest way of writing is actually an accurate reflection of the real me.


I have a few real life friends who read this, they tell me that my writing "sounds" just like I do in person. In fact a few weeks ago another friend found my blog ( he was looking up gig dates for Underworld and my blog title is actually a lyric from one of their tunes), he sent me the link saying I would like it "because whoever the author is she clearly loves Underworld too and she sounds just like you".

So yeah, if you're still reading Steve - now you know why :)))))

Here's the link for Sunday Stealing

Have a great week people  :)



20 comments:

  1. I'm with you DCG, I have no idea who Josha Ledet is, great answers to all of this, I love getting to know people through things like this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 11 is a lot of posts to have started without finishing. I'm making a note never to ask you for a handjob.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm kind of glad about that.

      Bestiality just isn't my thing.

      Delete
  3. I think it is a pretty good sign that who you are online is who you are in person when someone recommends your own blog to you. Nice to see you back any time Cowgirl, get working on those drafts, some of them sound excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've missed you, darling. I don't know who Josha Ledet is. I think he was probably voted off because his name is Josha. I think his name is Josha because his parents didn't know how to spell Joshua. Why can't he be just plain Josh? When I was a reporter, my friends told me that they knew when they were reading my articles without looking at the byline because they could hear my voice. Poor things. I'm surprised they continued to read.

    Love,
    Lola

    ReplyDelete
  5. #1 is absolutely disgustingly priceless! #11 soooo true and yet I'm addicted! #13/#16 HYSTERICAL! - Love your blog and am so glad you're back! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Prometheus looks amazing doesn't it?!

    I have lost my blogging Mojo at the moment and i am really struggling to get it going but Seal may change that by him being a complete cunt!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hiya dcg! Sorry I haven't been around to comment much lately. Loved this post which, as usual, provided plenty of laughs and a few snorts. :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. There's nothing more humbling than pooing yourself. Not that I would know. Nope. I never drank too much apple juice, had a good sneeze, which ended in having to throw away my favorite jeans.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great post! It always makes me happy when I get to read a new post from you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I loved your answer to #13!!! This is something way too time consuming for me to do, however....answering all those questions, I mean.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Definitely would love to read the post about being a mother to a mixed race child. We could compare notes.

    I'm always tempted to do these things, then I read the hilarious answers you and Mimi provide and think "meh!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Says one of the few bloggers who managed to keep me interested thoughout the whole A-Z fiasco. I think you should do it !

      Delete
  12. that was great! i'm sure your entry about facebook was about me.

    b/c you never added me back once you got there.

    it's all about me, isn't it?

    :)

    miss you doll

    a xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Andrea I think this is your brain injury again. Because I DO have you on facebook, in fact you "liked " my status that I wrote for the wifes birthday.... sorry but I'm laughing.

      Delete
  13. Hey Cowgirl...how you been? I to stop round and see what lunacy you've been up to. Catching up on all my favorites after the last couple weeks and somehow you made the list.

    ReplyDelete
  14. So, I loved your Facebook comment. I deleted mine and am staying off...because as you said, if the only way is to reach them on Facebook, why bother with a friendship. Also, I really do appreciate a blog post with a creative use of Graphics!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Alright now you've done it...head over to my site and get something I have left for you...no refusal!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am a little disappointing you are back on FB!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're disappointing Stu ?

      I don't want to hear about your personal problems.

      Delete

Tell me something I don't know.
Comments are moderated so spam me and you're going in the bin.